Monday, January 4, 2010

My Love/Hate Relationship

After a long six months, I've rekindled my love/hate relationship with my wallpaper steamer. Fortunately our side of the house only has one room with only two layers of wallpaper - as opposed to seven rooms and 50 layers of wallpaper on our rental side. It is grueling work, especially to be taking on after a long work day that begins at 5 a.m. But I've set small limits, only a wall a night - this minimizes the mess and still lets me have time to relax at night.

I'm working on the dining room and when the walls are stripped (only two more to go) the walls will be painted a sage green. With a nice fresh coat of bright white ceiling paint and trim work, this room will be wonderful. There are two large windows and a full paned glass door leading out to our sunporch (aka the playroom) which will eventually become my craft room.

After the dining room, I'm moving on to the living room - but there is no wallpaper!! I should be posting pictures with this, but I'm not....maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment