Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Evolution of a Wall



This is the evolution of our dining room walls. The top picture is the wallpaper that we have been looking at for four years - FOUR YEARS! How did we ever do - every picture that I took in my dining room has this wallpaper plastered all over the background and I cringed every time I saw it and swore that soon I would strip the walls and repaint - well, it took me four year - FOUR YEARS to start the process. The middle picture is what what left of the next layer. I would love to know the history of these walls - why was this chosen, how long ago and WHY??? The final picture is the wall itself - painted. What color is that anyways - and again WHY??

So now, the wall paper is gone! Next on the list is to scrape the flaky spots on the ceiling and get that painted! It will be amazing how bright this room will be when just the ceiling is fresh white again instead of the ugly, smoke stain, appearance that it has now. I've already decided that the room will be painted a nice shade of sage green and I will be trying the Kilz paint with the primer included! Hopefully it will only be FOUR DAYS before this room is finished.

Then...on to the living room....but that's another entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment