Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dining Room Remodel

Yes!!  The dining room remodel is done and I did it all myself.  When we first moved in the wallpaper on the dining room walls was awful and I swore that it would be coming right down…..well, four years later, it is down and repainted.

These are the before shots.  The wallpaper is gone and the holes are filled.  Please ignore the spots that appear throughout…there is something on my camera lens and I didn’t notice until the picture were already uploaded.

And here are the after shots.  The walls are in need of some major decorations, but I didn’t want to buy anything until after it was done so I could see what would work the best.  I’m going to get a big oval mirror to hang over the sideboard along with some candle sconces.  There is also a long wall opposite the wall with the door – Steve is going to make me a long shelf to hang and he promised it would be done before the end of the week.  Also, the boys playroom is on the porch off the dining room (currently a bright shade of yellow) that will also be painted the same green.  The toys will be removed and taken to their room so I can have my porch back!  That is the next project on my list and will be (keeping my fingers crossed) finished next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What a great job! I love that color! And your house is so cute - love the molding and doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Want to come and help me decorate when we get a new house?

    ReplyDelete