Sunday, February 6, 2011

Winter Time!

Do you remember being a kid and going outside ALL day and crying when it was time to go inside?  I do – even in the middle of winter I loved being outside.  We got a good amount of snow last night and since Luke set eyes on it this morning all he wanted to do was go outside – how could I resist?

Joseph had his first sleep over last night so when he came home, he immediately fell asleep.  I bundled Luke up and out we went.  Steve had just snowplowed so there was a huge snow pile – I started digging a small hole telling Luke I’d make him an igloo but we decided to turn it into a tunnel that came out the other side.  In the middle we made a big area where they can sit and hide.  I know forts like that can be dangerous and collapse (speaking from experience) but the boys are never outside unsupervised so all is safe! 

I dug and shoveled snow for two hours.  I can only imagine how I’m going to feel in the morning.  And to top it all off – I start a new job!

IMG_0545IMG_0544IMG_0543IMG_0546IMG_0542

(yeah that is our cat’s hind end above Luke’s head – he played in the fort too)

No comments:

Post a Comment