Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

Labor Day – the last day of summer vacation, an extra day off from work, the first school night of the school season. Everyone has fresh haircuts, new sneakers, pencils with erasers and are excited to go to school.

Labor day has a different meaning to me. Fourteen years ago on Labor Day I gave birth to my first child. I was a week late and had actually thought “wouldn’t that be funny if he was born on Labor Day?” When I hear Labor Day, I think 25 hours of pain, fear, excitement, exhaustion and pure bliss – all at the same time. Then I saw my baby boy and I knew that every Labor Day I won’t be excited for school to start or the extra day off – I’ll be reminded of the best day of my life and my reason for being.

I love you Gregory!

No comments:

Post a Comment